We want you to feel happy at the British Academy. However, if you feel that you have experienced a situation about which you wish to make a complaint, the following procedures should be taken:
If you are a student at the British Academy (M.E.):
(1) You should talk to your teacher who will try to resolve the problem
(2) If the problem is not resolved, or if for any reason you do not want to talk to your teacher, then please talk to either the Director of Studies or the Student Services and Office Manager.
(3) Following an investigation by the appropriate member of senior management, you will be given an explanation and told how the academy will respond to your complaint.
(4) Where possible and appropriate the school will put right the cause of your complaint
(5) Where necessary, steps will be taken to prevent it happening again
(6) If disciplinary action is recommended, then the disciplinary code covering the staff / students will be used
(7) If your complaint is found not to be justified, the school will give you a reason for arriving at this decision and an opportunity to discuss this if you wish.
(8) If you would like to appeal the decision made, then the matter will be referred to our British Academy’s
If you are not a student at British Academy (M.E.):
(1) You should write to the Managing Director giving details of the complaint.
(2) After the investigation, you will be given an explanation and be told how the Academy will respond to your complaint.
(3) Where possible and appropriate, the British Academy will put right the cause of your complaint.
(4) Where necessary, steps will be taken to prevent it from happening again.
(5) If you would like to appeal the decision made, then the matter will be referred to the British Academy’s advisory board.
For more information, please speak to a member of the Management Team